RICHARD C. DEMERITTE PhD.
MEMBER OF THE BOARD
- Eastern Senior School
- Bahamas School of Commerce
- Metropolitan College United Kingdom.
Professional Qualifications / Memberships
- MBA -Master of Business Administration
- PhD. Public Sector Accounting
- Fellow – Certified General Accountant – Canada – FCGA.
- Fellow – Association of International Accountants – London – FAIA.
- Fellow – Royal Society of Arts – London- FRSA
- Bahamas Institute of Chartered Accountants – CA
- Certified Fraud Examiner – CFE.
- ACIArb. Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Broker – Bahamas Real Estate Association.
- Former Auditor General of the Bahamas
Community / Professional Activities
- Bahamas Red Cross Society (Grand Bahama)
- Young Men ’s Christian Association (YMCA} – Bahamas & Caribbean
- Toastmasters International – Charter President Club 1425
- Association of International Accountants United Kingdom.
- Canadian Certified General Accountants Association – Bahamas & Caribbean
- Corporation of Accountants and Auditors – Bahamas
- Bahamas Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation
- Commissioner – Bahamas Boxing Association
- Vice President Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
- Honorary Life Chairman Bahamas Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation
- Honorary Life President YMCA of Grand Bahama
Foreign Service Accreditation’s
- High Commissioner – United Kingdom
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
- Kingdom of Belgium
- Federal Republic of Germany
- Republic of France
- European Economic Community
Interests and Activities
- Computer Technology, Public Speaking, Research, Reading, Pool, Gardening and Chess.
- Married Ruth (nee) Smith, Two Daughters – Indira Nicole Francis / Tina Denise Roye. (Six grandchildren) (two boys and four girls)